Monday, October 17, 2011

Time Flies when you're having fun!!

Well.. I started off in a good way.. I really did! However I believe there was a note in the first blog indicating how horrible I am at updating...
It was really a plethora of excuses... I didn't bake anything this week, or I was starting school, or my husband was starting school, or there were 3 weddings in a month.. all of which don't mean anything to the reader.. you are so loyal! Big thanks to Jen for keeping me on track :)

Let's start off with the teaching...
First of all the kids LOVE the theme! It's really cute how they connect camping to everything that they are learning. I even caught a kid pretending to roast his snack of marshmallows on the campfire.. if only I had a camera!
I feel that I have really made the CAFE and Daily 5 work well for me. We have "choice time" and the kids really look forward to it. I was at a workshop this summer and the facilitator encouraged kids to have a journal where they can write about anything they want. So I gave each of the kids something called a Fun Book. They can write anything they want in it (of course we started off by coming up with some ideas to help get them started), and the stories that the kids are coming up with are so funny! About half of my kids have ALREADY finished a whole book! It's only been a month and a half! Some of them have even decided to sit beside each other and write stories together.. there is nothing more rewarding than listening to little giggles while they are scribbling away! Too cute!

I have not posted any pics of my final finished classroom, so here they are..
Sideways prayer table

View standing at the door

First day of school activity

Welcome message

Teaching corner (now dubbed the picnic table)

First day of school books

Campfire


Completed literacy lake
(the kids like to "jump in the lake" when they want to change books, and when students leave books on the ground the kids say the lake is "polluted", They don't like reading in the lake though.. because in their words.. they will drown)

Lake side view

Outside classroom


Today I actually just decorated my classroom for Halloween, so I think that will be the subject of my next post.. which won't be in 2 months.. (I hope).. It's really cute, because the classroom was all decorated, and I even wore a little miss shirt that said "little miss spooky" - it was little miss chatterbox dressed as a ghost!


And now on to baking...
I don't even know what I have baked recently... There were some beautiful rose cupcakes for my friend's bridal shower.. (which I don't have a picture of right now, but I got the design from here.... Glorious Treats)
I also used her Icing recipe and it was AMAZING!! Highly recommended!

For my grandma's 85th birthday, I took the same idea and made this:
It was inspired by this beautiful blog post: I am mommy Rose Cake

I also made delicious smores cupcakes for the kiddies on the first day of school. They were chocolate cupcakes with graham crackers mixed in, and a marshmallow frosting!! YUM YUM.. did I take pictures? maybe... my husband is at school right now, and I usually use his iphone as my camera :)

Check out the new tabs on my blog.. it's full of some fun!!

Until next time!

Rachelle


No comments:

Post a Comment