Thursday, May 19, 2011

My current obsession ~ Literacy

I am pretty much obsessed with a few things right now. I literally feel like I can't read these books or visit these websites enough!

Let's break it down.......

The Daily 5 and CAFE: 2 amazing books that break the literacy right down to a science.
http://www.the2sisters.com/index.html

Beth Newingham:
http://hill.troy.k12.mi.us/staff/bnewingham/myweb3/
This is an awesome teacher from the US. Please only go to her website if you are prepared to get completely lost for days.. weeks.. and now I am living proof, you can get lost for months. It has some really creative ideas, and amazing room decor, but the best part is that she GIVES YOU COPIES OF EVERYTHING SHE USES!!!!
Some things from her site that I am already implementing - her library organization.. I am categorizing all of my books and using her bright and colourful bin labels! Here is a picture of the wall in my office to show you a sample of the amazingness she has to offer.


I am also going to be incorporating her economist idea into my classroom routines (although it seems a little overwhelming to start.. I might have to work my way up to the full thing)

One last thing I will talk about (today) is Beth's themes!! I completely lost track of the amazing fun decorating your room can be! My theme for next year is CAMPING! But I think I need to devote a whole other post to that :)


another obsession... my Cricut
Here is your first peek at one of my (many) cricut binders made for next year, and I will throw in a card I made too :)




Some Baking too....
Well I might as well go all out and dump some more pictures... it is my first content post after all.

These are my prized cupcakes.. I made them for a friend's thanksgiving dinner. They are inspired by the Hello Cupcake book, and are made with lots of love...
I present...
the...
TURKEY CUPCAKES!!
yum yum



Thanks for reading!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment